Youth Justice Advisory Committee
The functions of the Youth Justice Advisory Committee are set out in Section 204 of the Youth Justice Act.
- monitors and evaluates the administration and operation of the Youth Justice Act
- advises the Minister for Correctional Services of the planning, development, integration and implementation of government policies and programs concerning youth
- collects, analyses and provides the minister with information relating to issues and policies concerning youth justice
- established and maintains a register of appropriate support persons who may be asked to sit in a police interview with a young person if family is not available
- carries out any other functions the minister directs.
Last updated: 29 January 2016