Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Youth Justice Advisory Committee
The functions of the Youth Justice Advisory Committee are set out in Section 204 of the Youth Justice Act.
- monitors and evaluates the administration and operation of the Youth Justice Act
- advises the Minister for Correctional Services of the planning, development, integration and implementation of government policies and programs concerning youth
- collects, analyses and provides the minister with information relating to issues and policies concerning youth justice
- established and maintains a register of appropriate support persons who may be asked to sit in a police interview with a young person if family is not available
- carries out any other functions the minister directs.
Last updated: 20 May 2016