Publications and policies
- Charter of Rights for Children in Care in the Northern Territory
Find out about the charter of rights for children, including how this relates to case workers, and get fact sheets and other resources.
- Family intervention framework
Find out more about the family intervention framework, used by the Department of Children and Families to prioritise support to families with vulnerable children.
- Annual reports
Get recent annual reports for the Department of Children and Families.
Find out about the Care and Protection of Children Act 2007, the primary legislation administered by the Department of Children and Families' Child Protection branch.
- Standards of professional practice
Get the professional practice framework and standards of professional practice adhered to by the Department of Children and Families.
- Youth Justice publications
Annual reports and newsletters.
- Sharing information to protect children
Find out who can share information to protect a child under the law - these people and organisations are called authorised information sharers.
- Domestic Violence publications
Alice Springs Integrated Response to Family and Domestic Violence Project evaluation report.
- Child protection policies for carers
Territory Families policies that relate to children in care, for staff and carers
- Other reports
The reports from internal and external investigations into the accidental loss and recovery of client and other Territory Families documents in Alice Springs in April 2017.
- Child protection and out of home care policies
The policies govern the delivery of child protection and out of home care services, and support to vulnerable families and children.
- Aboriginal Cultural Security Framework
The framework stands as Territory Families commitment to design and deliver services that are culturally safe and responsive to the needs and aspirations of Aboriginal children, young people, families and the broader community.
- Territory Families Strategic Plan 2017-20 Refresh