Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Young Territorians are dreaming big this National Youth Week
National Youth Week has kicked off and will run through to Sunday 9 April 2017. This year’s theme is Dream Big.
National Youth Week is an opportunity for all young people aged 12 to 25 years to come together, attend awesome events, speak up on issues of importance and have fun!
There are loads of events happening across the Territory, including sporting days, music festivals, skating competitions, pool parties, movie nights and youth leadership workshops. Some of the events across the Territory include:
- The Youth Homelessness Matters Day Couch Surfing, coordinated by Anglicare NT on Wednesday 5 April from 10.30-3pm at the Parliament House Car Park in Darwin City.
- The first ever standalone Super Smash Bros Tournament in the Northern Territory at the Palmerston Library on Saturday 8 April from 4-7pm.
- A Movie Night at the Katherine Public Library on Friday 7 April from 6-9pm. There will be an awesome new movie, lucky door prizes, Xbox games and other activities.
- In Alice Springs, Headspace is holding a Harry Potter Movie and Fair afternoon on Saturday 8 April from 12 noon. There will be real life games of Quidditch, a movie, activities and mental health resources and support available to young people.
- Anglicare NT’s annual Gove’s Got Talent will be running again his year on Saturday 8 April from 1.30-3.30pm. An independent judging panel will be on the lookout for the next big talent in Gove. The winner will be offered the opportunity to perform on stage at the Garma Festival.
This is just a small snapshot of the events happening across the Territory. The full calendar of events for each region is available at www.youth.nt.gov.au.
Across the Territory there are five National Youth Week Ambassadors, Jessie Spargo, 23 years and Mark Munnich, 24 years in the Darwin/Palmerston/Darwin Rural Region, Natasha Evans, 19 years in the Barkly Region, Leicolhn McKellar, 25 years in the East and West Arnhem Region and Cassie Boyle, 18 years in the Central Australia Region. The Ambassadors have been working hard to help plan, coordinate and promote National Youth Week across the Territory.
For more information on National Youth Week and to download the calendar of events for your region visit www.youth.nt.gov.au or follow the Office of Youth Affairs on Facebook www.facebook.com/YouthNT.