Sharing and Strengthening Our Practice - Domestic, family and sexual violence conference
On 9 and 10 May 2019, domestic, family and sexual violence frontline workers and practitioners will come together for the inaugural biennial Sharing and Strengthening Our Practice Conference in Darwin.
Sharing and Strengthening Our Practice Conference
- Dates: 9 - 10 May 2019
- Venue: Double Tree by Hilton Esplanade Darwin
- Registration costs (including GST): $150 (Non-government)
- $250 (Government)
- Registrations are now open
The two day conference aims to provide a space for frontline workers and practitioners to share practice learnings and innovative approaches to support a responsive and high quality service system, and network with other workers from across the Northern Territory.
The conference is one of our priority projects to support and develop the domestic, family and sexual violence services sector. You can read more about this and other priority projects arising from Action Plan 1: Changing Attitudes, Intervening Earlier and Responding Better (2018-2021) of the Northern Territory’s Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Framework 2018-2028: Safe, respected and free from violence.
The conference is designed around the following themes of: assessing risk; listening to victim survivors; trauma-based and strengths-based practice; prevention and early intervention; sexual violence; safe and together - working with all family members; and building a supported, resourced and informed workforce.
Our line-up of keynote speakers include:
- Bettina Danganbarr, Aboriginal Community Police Officer, NT Police, Fire and Emergency Services
- Antoinette Braybook, CEO, Djirra
- Josephine Lee, Manager, Trauma Informed Practices, NT Department of Education
- Christine Fejo-King, Director, Reform Management Office, NT Department of Territory Families
- Judy Atkinson, Emeritus Professor and Patron of the We Al-li Trust
- Dina McMillan, Commissioner, Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation
Additionally, to promote equitable participation, reduce barriers and ensure a diverse and inclusive conference delegation, Territory Families is also offering travel and accommodation subsidies for eligible participants from non-government organisations outside of the Greater Darwin region to attend. Please contact our team at TF.DomesticViolenceDirectorate@nt.gov.au or on (08) 8935 7803 for more information.
Last updated: 01 May 2019