It's a wrap
Members of the Youth Round Table gathered at Parliament House with family and friends on Sunday 4 December 2016, to present their Community Based Projects to government Ministers’ and CEO’s.
The Community Based Projects included:
- Diversionary Hospitality Training for Disconnect Youth
- Housing for Homelessness
- Financial Literacy Education
- Support for Mental Health in Schools.
Each year, 16 inspiring and passionate young people from across the Territory are appointed as members of the Youth Round Table program is coordinated through Territory Families’ Office of Youth Affairs.
The Youth Round Table is an important advisory group to Government, providing an unique youth perspective on policy and program development.
Some of the work members have been involved in doing 2016 includes:
- participation in a national Social Cohesion and Inclusion Forum
- working with the NT Electoral Commission to promote youth electoral enrolments
- sitting on the NT Ride Sharing Committee
- organising and promoting National Youth Week events.
For more information on the Youth Round Table and other youth events and projects visit the Office of Youth Affairs webpage.