Grants awarded to reduce domestic, family and sexual violence
The Northern Territory Government is funding 10 community organisations close to $3 million to support those experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence.
The Specialist Domestic and Family Violence Services Grant Funding will deliver 35 projects across the Northern Territory focused on providing counselling services, creating flexible care packages for clients, increasing outreach services and improving the governance and operations of services, including staff health and wellbeing.
This funding is part of the $6.49 million ongoing from 2019-20 to support the implementation of the Northern Territory’s Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Reduction Framework 2018-2028: Safe, Respected and Free from Violence and associated action plans.
The 10 successful community organisations include:
- Galiwin’ku Women’s Space
- Katherine Women’s Crisis Centre Inc
- West Arnhem Regional Council – Gunbalanya Women’s Safe House
- Catholic Care NT
- One Tree Community Services Inc – Wadeye Safe House
- Women’s Safety Services of Central Australia
- Dawn House
- YWCA Australia
- Darwin Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Women’s Shelter Corporation
- Salvation Army NT Property Trust
Projects delivered as part of this grant process will be delivered throughout 2020 and 2021.
For more information, see the media release.