Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Changes to Northern Territory concessions
On the 2 May 2017, the Northern Territory Treasurer announced $33 million dollars for a new Northern Territory Concessions Scheme.
What is happening?
- The current scheme is complex, unfair and open to fraud and rorting.
- The new scheme will be fairer and more accessible.
- The new scheme will be introduced on 1 January 2018.
- All senior Territorians aged 65 years and over will receive a minimum of $700 every two years.
- A discussion paper will be released for public consultation in June with consultation to occur in June and July.
For more information read the Northern Territory Concessions Review - fact sheet.
Information on the public consultation and changes to the scheme will be updated on this website.
If you have any more questions after reading the fact sheet you can call the Northern Territory Concessions Unit on 1800 777 704.
If you have questions about your seniors card you can call 1800 441 489.