Review of Northern Territory concessions
On the 2 May 2017, the Northern Territory Treasurer announced $33 million dollars for a new Northern Territory Concessions Scheme.
What is happening?
- The current scheme is complex, unfair and open to fraud.
- A discussion paper was released on July 10 for wide community consultation about how to improve the scheme.
- The objective is to make the new scheme fairer and more accessible.
- No date has yet been set for the introduction of a new scheme.
- No decisions have been made about amounts for concessions or how they will be delivered.
For information about the public consultation on changes to the scheme go to the Have Your Say website