Domestic, family and sexual violence reduction strategy
Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Reduction Framework 2018-2028
The Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Reduction Framework 2018-2028 represents our ten year strategy to reduce domestic, family and sexual violence. It builds on the achievements of the Northern Territory Government’s previous domestic and family violence strategy –Safety is Everyone’s Right. This new framework – Safe, Respected and Free from Violence – reflects our combined efforts, knowledge and ideas to reduce violence and work together to achieve safer homes, communities, workplaces and schools.
Action Plan 1
Action Plan 1: Changing Attitudes, Intervening Earlier and Responding Better (2018-2021) focuses on the first phase of implementation and describes how government will implement actions under five key outcomes:
- Domestic, family and sexual violence is prevented and not tolerated;
- Territorians at risk of experiencing violence are identified early and provided with effective interventions;
- People experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence are protected and helped to recover and thrive;
- Perpetrators are held accountable and connected early to responses that change their behaviours and reduce violence;
- Legislation, policy and funding models enable a responsive, high quality and accountable domestic, family and sexual violence service system.
Cross Agency Working Group
The implementation of the Northern Territory’s Domestic, Family and Sexual Violence Framework 2018-2028: Safe, Respected and Free from Violence is being overseen by a Cross Agency Working Group (CAWG). The CAWG will drive collaboration, engagement, information sharing and problem resolution as Territory Families and its partner organisations implement Action Plan 1: Changing Attitudes, Intervening Earlier and Responding Better (2018-2021) .
Membership of the group includes Northern Territory government representatives, non-government representatives, and representatives from Aboriginal Controlled Community Organisation peaks.
The CAWG meets bi-monthly and releases a communique after each meeting.
Last updated: 22 February 2019