Territory Families, Housing and Communities was established by the Northern Territory Government on 7 September, 2020.
Territory Families, Housing and Communities is a multi-functional human services and community-focused agency that works to provide responsive, safe and quality services and programs that empower communities and improve social outcomes for Territorians.
Our agency includes the following divisions:
- Child Protection
- Disability Services
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Reduction
- Family and Financial Support
- Family Support
- Gender Equity and Diversity
- Emergency Management
- Indigenous Essential Services
- Interpreting Services
- Libraries and Archives
- Multicultural Affairs
- Out of Home Care
- Seniors and Carers
- Sport and Active Recreation
- Urban Housing
- Remote Housing
- Youth Justice
- Youth Affairs
- Women’s Safe Houses
The Hon Kate Worden, MLA
- Minister for Territory Families and Urban Housing
- Minister for Sport
- Minister for Disabilities
- Minister for Multicultural Affairs
The Hon Lauren Moss, MLA
- Minister for Youth
- Minister for Seniors
- Minister for Women
The Hon Chansey Paech, MLA
- Minister for Remote Housing and Town Camps
- Minister for Indigenous Essential Services
- Minister for Arts and Culture and Heritage
Our Assistant Ministers
Lawrence Costa – Member for Arafura
- Men’s Policy - Responsible Minister: Minister Moss
- Aboriginal Affairs & Rangers - Responsible Minister: Minister Uibo
- Remote Housing & Homelands - Responsible Minister: Minister Paech
Joel Bowden – Member for Johnston
- Major Projects - Responsible Minister: Chief Minister
- Tourism & Major Events - Responsible Minister: Minister Fyles
- Arts & Culture - Responsible Minister: Minister Paech
Ken Davies - Chief Executive Officer
Territory Families released our first Strategic Plan in September 2017 and committed to an annual process to refresh the key actions to guide our future decision-making and activity. The Territory Families Strategic Plan Refresh Key Actions 2019-20 sets the stage for continued progress in the final year of the Territory Families Strategic Plan 2017-2020.
Territory Families Chief Executive Ken Davies said that the release of the Strategic Plan Refresh Key Actions will assist progress towards reform in the coming financial year.
“The Strategic Plan Refresh Key Actions 2019-20 set specific and measurable actions for the final year of our Strategic Plan,” he said.
“The Key Actions identifies the actions we will take in 2019-20 as we work to build a new family service system.”
Mr Davies said that the Key Actions show Territory Families is resolute in working with sector and community partners as we continue our reform journey.
There have been 38 key actions set for 2019-20 across all six goals of our Strategic Plan. Action against these goals will be reviewed in 2020 as we work to develop a revived Strategic Plan for Territory Families.
Previous versions and updates
Territory Families annual reports
To access previous annual reports call the department on (08) 8999 2737.
Last updated: 23 October 2020
Share this page: